Associate's Degree in Health Information Technology
As a health information technology (IT) professional, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality of medical records. Your expertise in everything from computer applications to coding diagnoses and procedures will provide an important service to patients.
The Associate of Health Information Technology degree program is offered 100 percent online. We have built early testing into the curriculum, allowing you to take the national registry examination prior to graduating and earn the nationally recognized credential of Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT)—an opportunity made possible by our program’s accreditation through the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Upon completion of the Associate of Science degree in Health Information Technology, you will:
- Apply fundamental technology skills necessary for health information management.
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking skills for the health information technology environment.
- Ascertain the entry-level competencies of AHIMA’s domains and sub-domains for a Registered Health Information Management Technician (RHIT).
- Identify cultural, ethnic, gender and lifestyle differences.
- Demonstrate proficiency of written and verbal communication skills necessary for the HIM environment.
- Apply and use the necessary technology and decision support tools in order to succeed in the health care and business setting.
- Exhibit ethical, professional and legal standards of conduct appropriate for the environment of HIM.