What Makes Our Program Different
Students who complete the Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) degree program at Clarkson College enter the field as leaders. With a 95 percent pass rate on the National Board Examination, along with consistent national awards and scholarships for their outstanding work, Clarkson College PTA graduates report starting salaries consistently between $40,000 and $49,000.
Our graduates gain these advantages from small class sizes, computer-based technology, hands-on experience and an excellent combination of classroom experience, clinical work and involvement in organizations like the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Nebraska Physical Therapy Association (NPTA) and the Physical Therapist Assistant Student Association (PTASA).
For the beginning college student, we offer a traditional 24-month program, and for students with some college experience, we’ve designed a 16-month transfer option. You may also consider a dual degree with Health Care Business.
The result is that you graduate with credential that get employers’ attention, and put yourself in a position for better salaries, more responsibility and a more promising path to your future career success.
- Largest PTA program in Nebraska.
- National Physical Therapy Examination for PTAs pass rates of 100 percent for transfer students and 95 percent for traditional students.
- Only PTA program in the Midwest with a transfer option.
- Clinical experience with selection from more than 160 sites across 20 states.
- Access to on-campus PTA skills lab with therapeutic equipment reflective of current physical therapy practice.
- Transfer option available for students who have an Associate’s degree or higher or have earned 35 or more credit hours from an accredited college.
- Dual degree option offered for Bachelor of Science in Health Care Business with a major in Management to develop an understanding of business theory and increase earning potential.
- Committed to the service of children and adults needs in the community through health and wellness activities.